As an organization dedicated to creating a political home for young people, we’re committed to fighting to make the tenants of the Youth Agenda policy platform a reality – in communities, at the ballot box, and at the legislature. The principles encompassed in and policies driven by the Youth Agenda are grounded in racial justice and apply an intersectional approach to driving equitable change through policy.
We will lead and support advocacy efforts on:
- Climate Justice: We will protect our environment and dismantle racist policies that disproportionately impact the health and well-being of Black, Indigenous, Latine and Hispanic, Asian American and Pacific Islander communities.
- Reproductive Rights: We will cement a person’s ability to make autonomous decisions for their reproductive health and create a culture for reproductive care free, from fear or stigma and surrounded by dignity and support, in Colorado.
- Higher Education & Student Debt: We will make attending post-secondary learning more accessible and affordable for everyone, regardless of their income, race, ethnicity, gender, or citizenship status.
- Economic Justice: We will make it possible for everyone to have financial stability, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, citizenship, or income. We believe corporations should pay what they owe to build a strong social infrastructure to meet everyone’s basic needs.
- Democracy Reform: We will make sure that everyone can participate in our democratic processes. We will reform systems so that the needs of all people are represented and advocate for policies that improve voting access for young people, especially young Black, Indigenous, Latine/Hispanic, and Asian American and Pacific Islander Coloradans.
If we’re not taking a forward stance on an issue, we’ll be supporting the work of our partners. This could look like throwing our power behind a partner’s bill at the state legislature, working with Youth Agenda champions to drive progress on the local level, and holding decision-makers and elected officials accountable to the intersectional nature and impacts of these issues:
- Health Care & Mental Health
- LGBTQ Rights and Gender Expression
- Immigrant Rights
- Criminal Justice
Need a version of the platform to take into the field? Download it here!
Interested in signing onto the Youth Agenda? Fill out this form and we’ll reach out!